PDA

View Full Version : RIP Beauty

Charleslee
12-30-2016, 01:28 PM
Had to put down my 15 yr. old dog last night that I had since a 6 mo. old pup. Really hard!

FlyGuy
12-30-2016, 01:37 PM
Oh man, very sorry to hear. I lost my best friend of 11years a little while back, I've never been so upset. It is the curse that dog lovers have to face, I wish they could live longer lives. I would give up all my knives and other crap for a little more time with her. Hopefully you find another furry friend, there are many out there that need loving homes. Take care and bask in good memories.

whitefang
12-30-2016, 01:41 PM
You have my extreme sympathy. I am 72 years old, and have had to do it a few times. It is usually the most merciful thing that should be done, but is very hard.

theshrike
12-30-2016, 03:18 PM
...There are worse days in life than the ones you lose a pet,...

BUT NOT MANY!

My sincere condolences.

Eladerman
12-30-2016, 04:12 PM
Charles
Sorry to hear my friend. Focus on all the great memories and hopefully photos from better times with your faithful and loving companion.
Time is the only thing that will ease the pain of you loss. I had to put down my cat when she was 23 years old a few years ago, and it felt like I had lost a child.
Damn, I nearly cry when I look back on the photos I took of us.
Stay strong Charles
Regards
CDR

begreen
12-30-2016, 04:59 PM
Bumming for ya my friend , My two dogs are my kids ,In my mind he's still by your side in spirit and always will be .They are pets are our greatest friends .Throw you wife and Dog in the trunk of your car and ride down some nasty roads and pull over and open the trunk , which one is just so over whelm to see you . Anyways I'm so sorry for your loss

Snapper
12-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Charles, I know how you feel. I have lost to many great dogs in my lifetime that it hurts thinking of getting another one and going down the same road of heartbreak in the end. I do not think I can do it anymore. I have not had a dog since I lost my Chocolate Lab "Marshal", he died in Nov. 2000.

theshrike
12-30-2016, 09:40 PM
...bearing responsibility for a life more temporary than your own is its own reward.
The joy of unconditional love received during life, outweighs the pain of separation at death.
There are so many animals worthy of a good loving home, you have to steel yourself and know that the pet's life is better because you cared enough to step up & love it.
You ought to reconsider, Bob. You could make a difference in some dog's life. A difference that will echo across all time and eternity.
Tough to do, I know, when your heart's been broken, but the unconditional love received by a master from his pet is worth the hurt.

[I]When you give a dog food, water, and shelter it believes YOU are a God!
When you give a cat food, water, and shelter, it believes[ IT is a God!/I]

Charleslee
12-31-2016, 05:10 AM
Thank you all. Your sympathy, support & words of wisdom are much appreciated. You guys are truly the best & I mean that. I thought I'd be strong but no way! Thank God my daughter went w/ me & helped me out.

carltond
12-31-2016, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear this big guy, but you know that I am already aware of this. DO NOT hesitate to call me at anytime if you want to talk. I will get with you this Sunday evening if I don't hear from you first.

Again, I am truly sorry for your loss. I know how you must be feeling right now and it does suck! Just recall all the good days and all the sweet memories. It will help in the long run. Trust me!!

Charleslee
12-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Thank you!

UltraReef
01-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Sorry for your loss. I've got a 12 year old blue heeler that's now gone deaf. She scares the crap out of me when she sleeps hard and won't wake up. I usually take a break between dogs, not looking forward to that inevitable day.

Charleslee
01-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Thanks Earl. Hope you have plenty of good times left w/ your baby!

Charleslee
01-01-2017, 06:43 PM
Bob - I sent you a PM. Did you receive it, my friend?

tomeboi
01-01-2017, 10:49 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's definitely not easy, I had to put down my 15 yr. old and 11 yr. old on 12-30-15. Hardest day of my life thus far.

Charleslee
01-02-2017, 08:38 PM
My heart goes out to you Tom & all others who've shared the same pain. How you dealt w/ two is beyond me. One was more than I ever care to again.

tomeboi
01-02-2017, 09:07 PM
I had my Vet do it at my home so that they could be calm and in their peaceful place. I was pounding down a lot of alcohol that day and it's safe to say that I haven't slowed down much since.

eddiebob
01-03-2017, 12:38 AM
My most sincere thoughts are with you as I have been down this road more than once. Some of my best friends ever are buried in the pet cemetery in my backyard. I talk to them pretty regular. If there is life after death (and I do believe there is) I know Suzie, Lady, Charlie, and Buster are all just playing and waiting on me. Ed B

Nuclear
01-03-2017, 02:21 PM
My sincere condolences.

Shovelhead
01-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Charles, sorry for late reply, So sorry for your loss. I too had to put down my little boy Cocker last Oct. We had him for 20 yrs. It was sad day here at our home for sure. Feeling your pain brother.

Charleslee
01-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Thanks & so sorry to hear of your loss also. I suppose it's my imagination but I wonder if Beauty's ghost has come to haunt me or something??? I've been hearing noises like she'd make & the first night it sounded like something heavy fell over in the bedroom in the middle of the night! Right out of the blue. Don't know what the hell it was. Also something weird happened w/ the bed covers at the foot of the bed. Like they were moving on their own? Paranormal activity or I'm losing it, one.

corjzg
01-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Condolences to all...in 97 I put down my 8 yr old Basset whose cancer had metastasized to all her major organs. It sucked. Got a new pup in 98 (pit mix) that vanished without a trace a year later. Suspect he was hit by car or kidnapped by dogfighters. I finally got a new pup this Nov, a bassett from EU. Forgot how much work pups are but the dog is slowly growing on me. The only cure for losing a dog is a new puppy imo. Stay positive!

theshrike
01-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Thanks & so sorry to hear of your loss also. I suppose it's my imagination but I wonder if Beauty's ghost has come to haunt me or something??? I've been hearing noises like she'd make & the first night it sounded like something heavy fell over in the bedroom in the middle of the night! Right out of the blue. Don't know what the hell it was. Also something weird happened w/ the bed covers at the foot of the bed. Like they were moving on their own? Paranormal activity or I'm losing it, one.

You're not losing it Charleslee. I had a male Maine Coon cat, HEIMDAL, that got inoperable colon cancer. Had to be merciful & put him down. Week or so later I woke up in the middle of the night and went to the fridge to get a drink of cold water. When I opened the fridge door, HEIMDAL appeared at my feet, meowing and rubbing against my leg. Bent down and petted him and he looked me dead straight in the eye,...and I WOKE UP! I knew he had come to tell me goodbye. And I know for certain, he's waiting to see me again,...as I am him.

Charleslee
01-05-2017, 05:21 AM
WOW, that was special. Thank you.

Eladerman
01-14-2017, 12:51 PM
Charleslee,
Just saw a preview of a new movie starring Dennis Quaid called " A Dog's Purpose". I'm really looking forward to checking it out! :)
Regards my friend
CDR