PDA

View Full Version : introduction

miamiman
03-31-2015, 12:34 PM
I joined the forum back in 2009 ,and bought a couple knives from stabber ..... several years have gone by and now I guess I got the bug to buy Daltons again...I have several microtechs ,but I'm not to happy with the quality of the newer LUDTs....My name is wilfred and I live in Miami I was a proud US Marine from 87-93 and am close to retirement from government service... not CIA. Lol..I really like the quality and the unique look of Daltons and I'm looking foward to growing my collection.

alexcapone
03-31-2015, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the forums Wilfred. You're lucky to be a 2009er. Wish I started collecting back then.

Eladerman
03-31-2015, 01:13 PM
Wilfred,
Good to have another member here. There is strength in numbers! :) Good luck in hunting for some Daltons to add to your collection. I only started last July ( 2014), but have managed to get some real nice ones so far.
Take care
CDR aka eladerman

miamiman
03-31-2015, 01:25 PM
Well I only have 5 Daltons for now ,but I just bought 3 more this could get ugly lol

Charleslee
03-31-2015, 03:32 PM
Glad to welcome you on board!

UltraReef
03-31-2015, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the intro and good luck!! :D

corjzg
03-31-2015, 05:39 PM
Welcome Wilfred! Intro: I did the same thing at jerzeedevil when I joined up in 09. Glad you played along and posted one!

IDK what's going on in Bradford but these new MTs look spiffy but just don't have that user-friendly engineering they did back in the Vero Beach days. You can't beat a production Dalton for deployment snap or EDCability, the tough part is finding the damn things nowadays!

A Gman?! No CIA... and an FBI agent would be more secretive in my limited experience. No secret service down there so I'm guessing CBP. Strangely enough, I swear I remember a contact at CBP named Wilfred from when I was an importer via MIA....my brain is not cooperating on the recollection though. At this point I'm lucky I remember what house I live in.
Cheers

ilovekittens
03-31-2015, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the madness. I picked up my first Dalton in the 90's, didn't catch the full on sickness until 2006. hangin' ILK

Honch0
03-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Welcome back. Daltons are addictive and the older models have have always been hard to find. I started in 2004 and you must be patient, every now and then a rare piece shows up...Al

Snapper
04-01-2015, 02:25 AM
~nice to meet youWelcome to the Dalton Forum. Have fun here and post away. Good Luck with your search for Dalton's you are looking for.~happy st p day