PDA

View Full Version : John K

Honch0
04-23-2014, 08:03 PM
For the Forum members that know Dalton dealer John K, I spoke with him yesterday and as mark Twain once said, "the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated". John had a rough go of late, but he is on the mend and sounded great.

John has been a good friend of mine for many years and for those of you that have dealt with him, you know that he is a top shelf guy. I look forward to reporting that he is 100% in the very near future...Al

JIMMY_MAC
04-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Great news!!!!
John is a mountain of a man who hopefully will kick whatever it is that's been bothering him right in the ass.....

Charleslee
04-23-2014, 11:22 PM
I was worried about him & am relieved to hear this. I tried to call him a couple months back & the fella who answered his ph. said he was in the hospital. I wish him the best. Great guy.

djl
04-23-2014, 11:33 PM
That's great news Al, I hope he has a fast recovery. I'm looking forward to dealing with him in the near future.
David

UltraReef
04-23-2014, 11:37 PM
All the best for John K., he deserves it. :D

eddiebob
04-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Mr. John. I talked to his wife last week and she said he is doing much better. Hopefully he will be back home soon.

alexcapone
04-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Wish him all the best. He helped me locate my first Dalton which also helped me meet Al and find this forum.

Shovelhead
04-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Big John is a great guy and I wish him and his family all the best. Get well soon John

carltond
04-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Glad to hear that he is better! Get well soon, John. MITUSA

DM9
04-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Amen to all the above--I've dealt with/spoken to John numerous times over the years--great guy, totally dependable, as honest as the day is long. Very glad to hear he's on the mend.

Honch0
04-26-2014, 02:14 PM
You either get old John or you don't. He once told me he has two lists, one of current customers and one with ex customers. The funny part was the ex customer list was twice as long as the current customer list. It was easy to get on the ex list, if John gives you a price for a knife and you question him more than twice on that price, i.e. try and continue to chew him down after he said this is the price, well, you just made the wrong list. As he also told me, he sells knives to keep busy and have some fun. The profit doesn't even pay his telephone bill, so he won't deal with much aggravation. I think that's why we always got along, he gives you his best deal up front and keeps his word to a fault.

Last year my son and I were in Chicago, we stopped by John's place and had a ball. We went to dinner and he gave both of us an education with some of his "old school wisdom". I am not a religious man, however I ask the "powers that be" every day for his speedy recovery...Al

bwh300
04-27-2014, 03:28 AM
I certainly hope I'm not out of line as I don't know him like the rest of you do, but perhaps I'll have that privilege one day. However, I'd still like to join my new friends on this forum in wishing him all the best in his recovery!

Snapper
04-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Get well soon John. We love having you around.:)

Nuclear
04-28-2014, 12:49 AM
Everything will be OK with our friend, i believe in шею
He is great man.
hellsman

Shovelhead
04-30-2014, 05:12 PM
.....and I always loved John's little Freebies as he called them that came with your knife. My favorite was his Heads/Tails coin..

pete1958
05-02-2014, 11:23 AM
John is a great man to deal with, and I have many times. I wish him a speedy recovery!

Nuclear
07-13-2014, 09:53 PM
John Kinoff has passed away

He was a great Man of Bulgarian People!

R.I.P., friend!

UltraReef
07-13-2014, 09:58 PM
sad news. R.I.P.

MarkK
07-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Sorry to hear that.

RIP

Charleslee
07-14-2014, 05:27 AM
Very sad news. Rest In Peace John.

ilovekittens
07-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Very sad news for sure. My condolences to his family and friends.

Snapper
07-14-2014, 05:00 PM
John was a great person. RIP

tedsouper
07-14-2014, 06:19 PM
John was Top Notch all the way, I was late to the Dalton party but he always made me feel welcome, Sad news, RIP

Shovelhead
07-15-2014, 02:15 PM
R.I.P. John you will be missed.

eddiebob
07-15-2014, 08:56 PM
I got the news from Rob Monday. Sad but not unexpected. When I visited Mr. John in March 2013 he was not doing well then. RIP.

alexcapone
07-16-2014, 11:40 AM
I remember John was always willing to try to find a knife for me when he didn't have something in stock. He connected me with Al when I bought my first Dalton. He did that on several occasions and would never accept a finder's fee. RIP.

Stabber
07-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Good to hear he is doing well

Charleslee
07-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Um, Stabber you missed a few posts sir. Quite unfortunately he's on the wrong side of grass.

eddiebob
07-17-2014, 08:11 AM

Mr. John. Hopefully they have lots of Italian food in the afterlife!

Charleslee
07-17-2014, 07:48 PM
And knives! Thank you Eddie for posting the picture. I only spoke to him on the phone, never had the pleasure of meeting him in person like Al. He sold me a certain grail of which there were only 19 made! You all know which one that would be. My pride & joy. Sentimental to be sure.

tihonoff
07-23-2014, 03:22 AM
it is the most awful news which I heard this year
R.I.P. slav brother!

corjzg
07-23-2014, 08:08 AM
I never ended up calling John on any Daltons, so we never spoke, but he always maintained a great rep in the Dalton world, which is obvious in all these posts (except Rick's...no credit for you!). Rest in peace

Charleslee
07-24-2014, 05:08 AM
???
"(except Rick's...no credit for you!)."

carltond
07-24-2014, 10:38 PM
John has gone to be with our Father. I know he will find rest there and hope that he will be remembered by all.

DM9
07-28-2014, 12:28 PM
The last time I checked this thread, our friend John seemed to be rallying--am very sorry to hear things have gone the other way.
I once purchased a Brass Assassin from John--was hoping to find one with a satin blade, but the only listing John had was for bead-blast. No problem, still a great knife, so I ordered it. John wrote back to say the listing was a mistake--that the only BA he had left had a satin blade, and he had sent me that instead--he hoped that the substitution wasn't a
problem (!!). Wouldn't take any extra $ for it, either--
I never met John in person, but I remember the gruff voice well. R.I.P.

Twizzler
10-25-2015, 06:37 AM
I haven't been to the DF in a while I admit. The last I read John was recovering. My schedule the last few years has me mostly on the road with friends who live about an hour plus away and I get home late. Its not that I don't think of you guys, because I do a lot. I just don't find me getting here. I would be lucky to spend 15 minutes on my desk top before I nod off these days. What 15 minutes are usually spent checking gun sites.

In a couple of weeks I was about to pull a maintenance session for another year long storage. Thats what brought me here for any new ideas on different storage methods or techniques.

Then I read a few posts and the bomb dropped when I read something about John's passing. Boy that really struck a chord. He was a friend and one of my main dealers back in the day of production. After production ended I started only chasing older model Daltons and our communication was fading. I attribute many of my Dalton collection to him along with keeping me informed with production and whats coming next. I was able to order ahead of delivery and get pieces when they already sold out by the time the dealers got them in hand, especially a few variation configurations.

We always expect things to stay the same. We don't realize how much we miss things around us until its too late or gone. It just hurts knowing John is no longer with us.

So long John Kinoff. May he rest in peace.

Charleslee
10-27-2015, 05:20 AM
Yes Aaron, he was special.