PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming?

eddiebob
01-24-2014, 07:26 AM
Jeez. We had .2 inches of snow last night. Second time it has snowed in the last 3 years. And that is more frequent than normal. Usually get snow every 5 or 6 years. They will probably close the schools for today. Good day to stay inside and cozy up around the fireplace. Cheers! Ed B

Honch0
01-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Temp been in the teens all week. Got 10 inches of snow on Tuesday. And I have no sympathy for you!!!!...Al

whitefang
01-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Ed,
Is there ice under that snow? I can't imagine less than a 1/4" being a problem, the weight of any vehicle and decent tires would prevent anyone from losing control. We have probably six inches left from the last snow and the temperature hovering around 0 deg. Farenheit. I will take snow any day compared to freezing rain.

One final question, Does your snow melt around noon?

Honch0
01-24-2014, 10:19 PM
My sister now lives in Nashville. She jokes how the locals freak out over a couple of inches of snow. Apparently, if you haven't experienced driving on ice and snow it scares the living shit out of you to the point of crashing your car or fearing it so much you refuse to drive. Living in a state where snow is common this is like so ridiculous it seems insane. However, seeing how the folks down south relate to snow, well it is what it is...Al

PS I want to retire where a few inches of snow is a big deal. I am real tired of this snow deal!!!

eddiebob
01-25-2014, 05:34 AM
Iced bridges are the biggest hazards when we have cold weather. To the East and West of me are small (several acres) places that folks from up North have settled. They show up every fall and leave in the spring. Land is high right now, $5,000/acre.

UltraReef
01-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Come on down guys, we have plenty of room! It has only snowed twice in my lifetime down here in South Texas. Yea, it was 29 degrees this morning, but the high's will be 63 today and 73 tomorrow. :D

My sister now lives in Nashville. She jokes how the locals freak out over a couple of inches of snow. Apparently, if you haven't experienced driving on ice and snow it scares the living shit out of you to the point of crashing your car or fearing it so much you refuse to drive. Living in a state where snow is common this is like so ridiculous it seems insane. However, seeing how the folks down south relate to snow, well it is what it is...Al

PS I want to retire where a few inches of snow is a big deal. I am real tired of this snow deal!!!