PDA

View Full Version : ...

corjzg
09-27-2012, 11:45 PM
There are 2 mint Severtechs on BF for sale, top of the auto-sales thread!
Hold onto your seat tho, they are NOT cheap.

I'll hold out hope for a future production run myself...

Diablito
09-28-2012, 12:58 AM
Cool blades... Yeah, kinda pricey for what seems to me, an average blade... But then again, I own several nighthawks. So go figure.

corjzg: hit Charlie's lately? I'll be there in a few days to visit my sis!

corjzg
09-28-2012, 10:22 AM
They are likened to the "Sandshark of side openers", & rumored to be nearly indestructible. Never owned one, & no one really seems to know their value, but $700 is def overpriced.

Diablito: what's/where's Charlie's? (I'm going to feel stupid if its in BOS!)

Diablito
09-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Wow, I'm a idiot... I meant to say Kelly's... ( Charlie's is in Bogota, Colombia)... It goes without saying I loooove raostbeef (and fried clams)

Wait, there is a Charlie's in Boston... Amazing sandwiches and breakfasts. It's on Columbus if my memory serves me. Grouchy seater/doorman stands sentinel.

MSGStStephen
09-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Wow, I'm a idiot... I meant to say Kelly's... ( Charlie's is in Bogota, Colombia)... It goes without saying I loooove raostbeef (and fried clams)

Wait, there is a Charlie's in Boston... Amazing sandwiches and breakfasts. It's on Columbus if my memory serves me. Grouchy seater/doorman stands sentinel.

Kelly's is the best for roast beef sandwiches, whole belly fried clams, and lobster rolls [expensive but definitely worth it to splurge once in a while!]. I have been eating there since I was a kid [I was born in Lynn, Mass.] and now still make the drive from Pa. to visit family and eat there every few months. They have numerous locations now- check their website: www.kellysroastbeef.com.
Sorry to hijack the thread- I just got excited when I saw this! Steve

Diablito
09-28-2012, 12:45 PM
you speak no lies... i live in Miami but my sis lives in Mass, orient heights just 2-3 mins from Revere. I've been addicted to their whole belly clams for years. expensive yes. but open till 4am and sooo delicious.

Charlie's on the other hand makes an unforgettable breakfast... blueberry and banana griddles.

wow, what a hi-jack! my bad, but i love food!!!!

Charleslee
09-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Jmikesteen had the top of the line Severtechs (Spartans) for sale right here in Jan. for a steal-$600.00. Man, I wish I would have gotten one. I had heard of them at the time but found out later how rare they are, how tough they are & overall how excellent. Nothing "ordinary" about Severtechs. These (2) are overpriced but someone may pay it. The maker, I forget his name now, has lefties available or at least did a couple months back. There's a member on BladeForum by the username of "Severtech" (no less) who can put you in touch w/ him. "Severtech" is a nice guy who'll help you out. He has a loooong waiting list for right hand ones-that's how good they are. Honco described them as "Daltons on steroids." Need I say more?

Charleslee
09-28-2012, 05:50 PM
I looked his name up-Aaron Riley.

Charleslee
09-28-2012, 06:03 PM
I think that is in fact an accurate comparison-the Severtech woukd be like a side-opening Sandshark. Getting one of these for $700.00 is high BUT I don't think you'll find one a great deal cheaper.

ilovekittens
09-28-2012, 07:04 PM
I picked up one of the left handed models back when they were available. I thought $265 was a bit much, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet. :eek: ILK

Honch0
09-28-2012, 07:46 PM
One of my collecting regrets, I got a blue Severtech with a black blade, brand new for $250. I sold it to a guy in China for $300, through a MT knife dealer (Bob Bartoli) who then sold me a MT Troodon for the same price. Still have the Troodon, wish I had the Severtech.

The Severtech is like a Dalton on steroids with MT tolerances, one hell of a knife...Al

corjzg
09-28-2012, 08:28 PM
From what Ive read, Aaron from Severtech is no longer in the knife biz, but I read that Severtech-guy's post too & he said there could be another prod run down the road. Ive heard of these knives but never really did much research on them until recently. $400-500 seems to be the value, though we'll see what he market will bear

Diablito: though I live right near Revere & Orient Heights, Ive never hit Kellys RB! I trek to Castle Island for lobs rolls ($10) but have to put Kellys on the bucket list! Have any interest in trading that orange Rescue Moe (I saw it in that Militia Recon posn on JD)? Its the last rescue model I need & I have a handful of Daltons I'm not married to.

Charleslee
09-29-2012, 09:02 PM
The blk. one sold. The $700.00, more expensive of the 2. Took a few days but it sold. The other w/ go I predict.

Charleslee
10-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Al: Do you recall if the guy in China whom you sold your Severtech to was Larry Xie, AKA qiqi? Reason I ask is I bought one like it from him. Maybe it made it's way back to the good 'ol USA.

Honch0
10-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Bob Bartoli was the middle man on this deal. He shipped and paid me, so I can't say who the buyer was...Al

Charleslee
10-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Not familiar w/ him. Maybe he'll see this however & comment. Thank you sir.